Monday, August 20, 2012

I'd call it a success

It's been just over a week since we released issue one of the Frontier Explorer and the response has been pretty amazing.  In fact the magazine has generated much more response that I expected, by quite a bit.  While the magazine is great, the Star Frontiers community that it is primarily aimed at is fairly small, or so I thought.  I'll be honest, I was expecting maybe 50-100 downloads from our website for issue one and that we'd be doing a lot of advertising and getting the word out to tell people about the magazine over the next few months as we went to press with issue two.  Needless to say, the response has been much greater than I expected.

From our website alone, we've had over 200 downloads in the ten days since we released the magazine.  On Tuesday of this week, we also made it available at DriveThruRPG and we've had another 250+ downloads from that site as well.  That's over 450 downloads from the two sources in just over the first week (The actual total as of this writing is 488).  I'm ecstatic and amazed at the response.  The real test, of course, will be to see how many come back for issue two, but I think we're off to a great start.

We've also had great feedback from several people complimenting us on the magazine.  We have even had a new author contact us about submitting an article.  I think that has been our greatest success story of issue one.  We really expected to have to put out two or three issues before we started receiving unsolicited submissions.  The fact that they are already coming in is great.

We're already hard at work on issue two and planning issues three through five.  Watch this space for more news and announcements and keep exploring the frontier.

3 comments:

Jay Exonauts said...

Just wanted to b peek in and see if this site was still going. Hope you return for more posts! :-)

Tom Stephens said...

It's still up but not really active. I've mostly (okay totally) migrated over to a new blog called Arcane Game Lore (http://arcanegamelore.com) where I've actually be quite active, especially recently (a post a week since mid November). I should probably put a post here pointing people in that direction.

Tom Stephens said...

Oh, and I should add that I use my other internet handle (dagorym) on that site.