Saturday, June 6, 2009

Site Management

Okay, this is going to be the first of a few short posts about things that have been going on (in no particular order) over the last ten months.

One major event is that I've given up hope of acquiring the starfrontiers.net domain. I've repeatedly attempted to contact the owner of the domain with offers to buy the domain from him but have never gotten a response. Even though his site has no content and hasn't changed since 2000, he continues to renew the domain every April. Maybe the e-mail address listed for him (martin at brenner.de) just goes to a dead inbox, I don't know but he has never responed to a single e-mail I sent him.

I did pick up the starfrontiers.info domain late last year from Larry Moore a few months after he dropped it. It's almost as good a domain for the Star Frontiers Network as starfrontiers.net. Maybe I'll just change the name of the site to the Star Frontiers Information Network and then it would be a perfect fit!

In any case, effective about a month ago, May 1st, 2009, the Star Frontiers Network moved to a home at www.starfrontiers.info. Drop on by and visit. Also, if you have links to the the old starfrontiers.homelinux.net domain, while it is still active and points to the site as well, I recommend you update your bookmarks and links. I'd like to channel all my pagerank and other search karma at the new domain.

I expect this will be the permanent home for the site. If for some reason, Martin finally responds and I can get the .net domain, the site will move one last time. But I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: